Domaine Les Bruyères
Domaine Les Bruyères began life in 1955, run then by Georges Reynaud, who planted 20 hectares of vines in Beaumont-Monteaux on a gentle slope by the banks of the Isère River. Before 2002, grapes grown at Domaine Les Bruyères had only one destination: the local co-operative winery.
It was only after his grandson, David Reynaud, took over the domain that things changed quickly. He was 28 at the time, and had constructed a new winemaking facility with the purpose of creating incredible wines made without the artificiality introduced so heavily in conventional winemaking. A new organic regime was introduced in 2003, and by 2005 the estate was certified biodynamic. The domaine today spans 20 hectares, and its wines are world famous.